Using DualView with nVidia HDMI

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Tue Jun 26 14:40:45 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I have an nVidia GForce 210 card with an HDMI output.

Before installing Ubuntu 12.04 I configured Windows XP with nVidia's driver
to use my LCD TV as a DualView monitor through the HDMI connector. I
watched a video and noticed the sound was played through the TV's speakers.

After installing Ubuntu 12.04 I upgraded the driver to the
"post-released-updates (version 295.49). When I play a video under Linux,
the sound is played through the PC speakers and I can't find any sound
related settings in the nVidia Settings program.

Is there a way to set it up so PC audio plays through the TV speakers like
in Windows?

Thanks!

Amichai.