Pandaboard display resolution

Sad Clouds cryintothebluesky at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 24 14:09:14 UTC 2012

Hello, I need some help from Ubuntu ARM developers.

I've just installed Ubuntu 12.04 on Pandaboard. Everything
works, apart from setting display resolution. So I guess I have two
questions:

1)
The board has two display ports, HDMI and DVI. Only HDMI port works,
I've tried adding 'omapdss.def_disp=dvi' to boot args and then:

mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt
mkimage -A arm -T script -C none -n "boot.scr" \
	-d /boot/boot.script /mnt/boot.scr
reboot

However the screen is always blank when connected to DVI port. Why is
that?

2)
On HDMI port I only get 1280x1024 display resolution. My monitor's
native resolution is 1600x1200 at 60. I tried adding the following to
boot args:

omapfb.mode=1600x1200MR-24 at 60
omapfb.mode=dvi:1600x1200MR-24 at 60

mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt
mkimage -A arm -T script -C none -n "boot.scr" \
	-d /boot/boot.script /mnt/boot.scr
reboot

However display resolution still remains at 1280x1024. Any ideas?

Thanks.