Screen resolution 12.04

Mark Panen mark.panen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 02:38:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a eight year old laptop which in those days had every Linux OS
working on it fine that i tried.

As the new and improved versions came out i had hassles with the screen
resolution.

The last version that worked correctly was 10.04 i386, 12.04 (Ubuntu,
Kubuntu & Xubuntu) gives me a 3/4 screen with a maximum choice of
800x600 instead of 1024x768 according to system settings and xrandr.

I have followed the step by step xrandr instructions according to google
with no success.

I don't mind keeping 10.04 but after days of googeling i am unable to
connect my 3G modem which works 100% in 12.04.

ROSA 2012 LTS screen resolution comes out fine so it's not a hardware
problem.

Any ideas please.

--
Cheers