12.04 [Print Screen] key not prompting for file location anymore

Thu Jun 21 12:13:28 UTC 2012

Am 06/19/12 16:27, schrieb Marius Gedminas:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:17:23AM -0400, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>> 	Upgraded to 12.04 the other day. Now when I hit the [Print Screen]
>> key, it takes the screenshot; but instead of prompting for where to
>> put the picture, it just defaults to the Pictures folder.
>> 	Searching around the interweb turns up nothing. Any pointers?
>
> Seems to be a new GNOME 3.4 feature.  I've found the gsettings key to change
> the location, but I haven't found a way to have it pop up a save as
> dialog.
>
> (The key is org.gnome.gnome-screenshot.auto-save-directory BTW.)

Hm…

How do you change this?

I used to have this:

$ gsettings get org.gnome.gnome-screenshot auto-save-directory
''

When I pressed <Print Screen>, a screenshot was saved in my
~/Bilder directory.

Now I to change the setting:

$ gsettings set org.gnome.gnome-screenshot auto-save-directory
~/Dropbox/Photos/Screenshots/
$ gsettings get org.gnome.gnome-screenshot auto-save-directory
'/home/a.sk/Dropbox/Photos/Screenshots/'

However, when I now press <Print Screen>, the file still gets
created in ~/Bilder and not in /home/a.sk/Dropbox/Photos/Screenshots/
as I would've expected.

Ubuntu 12.04 Gnome Shell (not Unity)

Alexander
--