server CLI how to fix dns resolution,proxy and to static IP

Rajeev Prasad rp.neuli at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 21:57:22 UTC 2012

sorry for confusion. no i do not want to host dns server, i want to have static IP for my host and hardcoded DNS servers for resolution (resolv.conf)
editing resolv.conf by hand is not allowed in 1204
i will certainly read the manual. but i think these are very basic things on an OS and they should be made (and advertised) in simple and straightforward manner. my ultimate goal is not to fight with making my server resolve names, go past proxy have fix IP or install apps. i have to develop useful content and deploy on the server using the apps which are built for it.
tx for all the help. really appreciated.