Grub not installing when Xubuntu installs

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 02:43:49 UTC 2012

On 14 June 2012 03:38, Ryan Gauger <rtgkid at gmail.com> wrote:

Will you please be quiet and stop trying to give help to people?

You don't know what you're talking about.

This:
> That's just it - it does not need to be attached to the operating system, I said it needs to be installed on the same HD as the OS, not attached to it.

Is *not correct*.

Neither is this:

> While it can be installed on another disk, I do not recommend it, because as soon as you remove the disk, your computer is in-bootable until the disk is back.

As for this:

>  I understand that the person who originally asked this question is a beginner with Linux, do I was trying to make it easy for him.

You are not making it easy for anyone because you are giving wrong answers.

Also, learn to bottom quote or stop posting to the list.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884