advice on intallation of wubi, ubuntu on windows7

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:08:40 UTC 2012

On 13 June 2012 15:30, Robert Schwab <rschwab at ymail.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to install ubuntu on my computer. I previously had
> ubuntu but lost it trying to install the latest system upgrade. When I try
> to download Wubi, I am asked for my username and password and get a message
> saying that they don't match. I went to launchpad, opened another account
> and got the same reply. Any advice of how to proceed?

It seems to me that you are describing a problem with Launchpad or
with your user account, not with Ubuntu. Are you sure that you were
using the correct password?

To install with WUBI, take an ordinary Ubuntu install CD, boot your PC
into Windows and then insert the Ubuntu CD. Follow the prompts. You do
not need to install anything extra or special, as far as I know. You
might find that you get further if you use the DVD image rather than
the CD one; the CD is getting very tight for space these days and some
things have been remove to save room.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884