[SOLVED] Site locks up Firefox 13

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Mon Jun 11 14:51:10 UTC 2012

On 06/10/2012 12:03 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 10 June 2012 17:53, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:

>>> OK for me too on FF13, ubuntu 12.054 32 bit.  Do you see the same
>>> thing if you logon as a different user?  Set up a test user if
>>> necessary, or logon as the guest user.  That will tell you whether it
>>> is a system problem or something to do with your user's settings.
>>>
>>> Colin
>>>

>> Colin,
>>
>> Not sure if you meant doing that on Ubuntu or Firefox, but I used a test
>> profile on Firefox and the problem went away.  Turns out I had been
>> experimenting with some GreaseMonkey scripts over the last couple of months.
>>   Turning off GreaseMonkey fixed it so one of them is the cause.
>
> I meant on Ubuntu, but your way was just as good as it turned out.
> Try disabling any addons you have in Tbird to see if that fixes your
> issues there.

No addons in Thunderbird.  The only not-default item is the Office-Black
theme I use.  I disabled it and used the default one.  The first few
messages were fine but then I started seeing a few that had really small
fonts.  In fact your message that I am replying to right now has fonts
much smaller than I expect to see given I have the minimum font size set
to 16 right now.

In the compose window they are fine but in the display window they are
small.  Now that I can use Mozillazine without locking up Firefox I will
go looking there for a solution.

Thanks again,  JIm