Ubuntu 12.04 LTS removing unity and installing GNOME

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Sat Jun 9 09:32:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 21:19:33 -0500, Albert Wagner wrote:

>>> So, how would you define Gnome?
>> I don't see any need to define Gnome myself. Its general definition is
>> good enough for mee.
>>
>>> Or do you follow others on here that refuse to define anything?
>> First you blame people for having "personal definitions", and now you
>> blame them for not having those?
>>
>> And I will follow others in stating that this discussion is way over
>> your head if you have to ask for such definitions.
>>
> I don't have to ask.  I'm just curious why you felt the need to post
> when you don't care about the answer.

What answer? When I tell you that GTK is not the same as Gnome, is that a
question then?

> You say that: "Its general
> definition is good enough for mee."  Will you share with me that
> "general definition"?

You already showed that you know how to look up Wikipedia-pages. No need
for me to do that for you.

> Everyone here tells me that my definitions are all
> wrong, but no one will tell me one that is right.  I can't learn a thing
> that way.

That's nonsense. Liam gave you some pointers on where to start reading.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com