How to create a bash shell script in ubuntu 12.04

Jonesy gmane at jonz.net
Fri Jun 8 18:49:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 16:09:00 +0000 (UTC), user1 wrote:
> I have made a shell script and made it executable as usual - I have used
> shell scripts a lot.
>
> When I run: $ ./example.sh I get: 'Cannot execute binary file'

We sure haven't progressed very far from "Abort, Retry, or Cancel",
have we?

Why can't the damn thing report:
   'Cannot execute binary file: whatever_it_happens_to_be.ogg'  ??? !!!
GEEZUSS!!!
It used the damn filename for the inspection and determination
of the error!!!

sigh.......

Jonesy -- fighting such lazy sloppiness since 1966: IBM Sys/360...
--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2