deleting ~/Desktop directory FIXED!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 21:27:36 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 05:08 PM, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> On 7 Jun 2012, at 21:50, Ric Moore wrote:
>>
>> Damn! The average Ubuntu #$%^&@ user hasn't a chance without this
>> crowd of neuromancers assisting. Ric
>>

> Still better than the windows "Contact your system administrator"
> Hello Me!
> Oh hi me, how can I help?
> I need to contact myself about this error...

I'm getting old. There used to be a time you could brass-knuckles your
way around your own setup. You could hamfist it and smash it to
smithereens. Your choice. Now, deleting a directory has to pass muster
from some config file I had never heard of before. I do wonder if the
"old" way that had far less going on was better, and thus more secure by
virtue of fewer things happening that the user wasn't in control of?

<swears bluely> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html