Seeking LUKS Information

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 7 19:58:05 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 12:29 AM, Graham Todd wrote:
> Has anybody found problems using LUKS with Ubuntu?
>
> see http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/
>
> I believe that its used in the Tails distro, which is at:
>
> https://tails.boum.org/
>
> but I'd appreciate any advice in encrypting an external
> hard disk using LUKS which results in my not being able
> to decrypt afterwards!
>

> Graham Todd

I'd start here:
<https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=luks&x=0&y=0>
and then pick a few that look recent for example:

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/813134>
[[DATALOSS] ubiquity overwrites luks-formatted device without warning ]

and

<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cryptsetup/+bugs>
(you can cut that down to about 20 by using 'luks' in the search bar).
<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cryptsetup/+bugs?field.searchtext=luks&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=&orderby=id&start=0>

And then here:
<http://ubuntuforums.org/tags.php?tag=luks>

You can wander around here, but a lot of those are very dated...
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EncryptedFilesystems>