Ubuntu 12.04 LTS removing unity and installing GNOME

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Thu Jun 7 12:47:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 10:59:28 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:

> On 7 June 2012 07:38, Robert Spanjaard <spamtrap at arumes.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 00:41:10 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
>>>
>>> People can get used to pretty much /anything./
>>
>> A lot of Amiga-users were using special tweaks like ToolsDaemon and
>> MagicMenu to change the behaviour of the menus. As I said earlier in
>> this thread: the OS could adapt to the user, and didn't force you to
>> adapt to the OS.
>
> If you are going to count the use of 3rd party tools, then it is very
> easy to disable the global menu bar in Unity with a couple of small
> tweaks.

I know. I switched to XFCE, another 3rd party tool to tweak Unity's
annoyances.;-)

My reaction was mainly aimed at the part you left out, where you stated
that most Amiga users found it the best system. I'd say that the
popularity of these tools, even in a time when they had to be distributed
by floppy disks, tells a different story.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com