deleting Desktop directory fails

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 05:32:37 UTC 2012

On 06/06/2012 04:49 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 6 June 2012 20:36, Ric Moore<wayward4now at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'm still trying to figure out why I cannot delete my Desktop directory in
>> the new and improved Linux world. I thought I was Master of the Universe and
>> could do as I damned well pleased. Thankfully, someone else is in charge and
>> I am not allowed to do this myself, since I am totally without wits and tend
>> to drool a lot. Since I am bungie-corded into my high chair, I sure would
>> like to know how to just erase a stinkin' directory that is completely
>> empty. I even used MC to delete it, and there was no error popup. No error
>> popping up from command line or with nautilus. It just refuses to DO AS I
>> SAY!
>>
>> I usually have ~/Desktop linked to my /opt partition so I can futz with the
>> OS and leave the good stuff alone. This is the first time I haven't been
>> able to do this.<swears like a sailor>  Ric
>
> What happens if you try it from the command line?
Lord man, I did rmdir, rm -rf (plus with sudo) to no avail. So I ran
nautilus and deleted it. It was gone for one second, then popped back
again!! Jimminy Pete! Anyone who has an empty ~/Desktop directory, give
it a try. This is truly strange. I don't have ~/Desktop mounted in
fstab. Should I do that? Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html