configuring unity launcher for 200+ users

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 03:47:26 UTC 2012

On 06/06/2012 06:21 AM, Matt Johnson wrote:

> Thanks for the answers all. It appears less trivial to sort out than I imagined (copy a config file to all users, for example). I will mull it over and persevere.
>
> Much obliged.

Heck, I was waiting to see you carry this thing out successfully.
They've changed everything else for the worse, but I think that the
/etc/skel directory could contain standard user files for you to
customize. At least that has been left alone!

Then roll your own install CD or DVD and use that. My GAWD this is a
trip to the past, but there was a method to remote boot off a networked
device, like a CD on another host machine and install from there. I
dimly recall you needed a floppy disc. Can that be done from the bios
nowadays?? Inquiring minds would like to know. You would think that you
could make 200 little slave machines off of one server. Clusters run
like that. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html