update always show some error

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 6 02:59:56 UTC 2012

On 06/05/2012 06:08 PM, William Herry wrote:
> I run apt-get update always show some error,
> Fetched 194 kB in 2min 4s (1,550 B/s)
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://cn.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/precise/restricted/source/Sources
> Got a single header line over 360 chars
>
> E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead.
>
> how to solve this problem

Try another repository. You may have issues because of your location,
but you can check via synaptic (sorry I don't know how to do this
outside of synaptic. So open the terminal and :

$ sudo apt-get install synaptic
$ gksu synaptic

Once synaptic opens, click 'Settings|Repositories|Ubuntu
Software|Download from... Other|China' and select another server. You
can also click on 'Select Best Server' and allow synaptic to go out &
test which mirror/server is fastest for your location. Then when you
return to 'Ubuntu Software' select 'Close' and then 'Reload' and try again.