putty replacement

Mika Suomalainen mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 15:30:27 UTC 2012

On 05.06.2012 16:24, Chris wrote:
> On 05/06/2012 14:21, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

>>> Hi Rajeev
>>>
>>> You might want to try software from
>>> http://www.nomachine.com/download.php download *NX Free
>>> Edition for Linux*
>>> <http://www.nomachine.com/select-package.php?os=linux&id=1>
>>> and *NX Client for Windows*
>>> <http://www.nomachine.com/download-package.php?Prod_Id=3835>.
>>> There are also /Virtual Network Computing "VNC " /like TigerVNC
>>> for windows. You must install a vnc server on your linux
>>> machine and set it up to log in via ssh from your client
>>> machine.
>>>

>> I think that Rajeev wants SSH client instead of VNC client or did
>> I misunderstand what you mean.
>>

> Maybe I misunderstand him but I couldn't read any where that he
> specifically said what he want, except that he want too access his
>  Ubuntu server from windows.

He wanted PuTTY replacement and PuTTY is SSH client.

PS. You might want to install package enigmail to get GPG verifying to
Thunderbird. It seems that your Thunderbird installation is leaving
parts of GPG comments.

- --
[Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||
[gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys
4DB53CFE82A46728](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/key.txt) ||
[Why do I sign my
emails?](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/WhyDoISignEmails.html) ||
[Please don't send