putty replacement

Keith squeeze at winnetworks.com
Tue Jun 5 01:54:49 UTC 2012

On 05/06/12 09:59, Rajeev Prasad wrote:
> not sure if Ubuntu is the right forum to ask this, but I like
> gnome-terminal too much and I want to have something as good to access
> my ubuntu server from windows. is putty my only choice? i want to have
> features like tabs etc.
> ty.
> Rajeev

I don't think this is the right place either as it's not really related
to Ubuntu, but since you asked and since I have used these two tools
below they may be of help/interest to you, and they include things like
tabs, but you still need to have putty to use them.

Anyway take a look at PuttyCM (Putty connection manager) and mRemoteNG
with these links:
PuttyCM -
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/03/putty-extreme-makeover-using-putty-connection-manager/

mRemoteNG - http://www.mremoteng.org/