Ubuntu 12.04 LTS removing unity and installing GNOME

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:12:39 UTC 2012

I just want to say, I think the Linux community as a whole are a bunch
of the most, INTELLIGENT, SOPHISTICATED, and most WELL MANNERED bunch of
computer and tech-smart people on the planet! I don't believe there's a
group of people that can air their differences of opinion like we can,
And there was none of the usual "you suck" and "You're a jerk" type of
posts! I for myself am grateful that almost all distros of Linux allow
you to choose an interface / desktop environment....thinking back to the
days of Windows......after getting used to the setup of Windows '95 /
'98, they went ahead and changed it all for Windows 2000 / XP...and I
guess in order to stay competitive they went ahead and changed it AGAIN
for Windows 7 / 8....but in ALL those instances you never had someone
from the "Design" team literally ASK the users what they liked /
disliked about the interface! they basically just said "This is what
we've done......this is what you've got......take it or leave it"
regardless of it it was "usable"....intuitive etc. So for me the Windows
experience came to an end, and because of all the things I'm STILL
discovering within the world of Linux, I can seriously say, I do not
think I will EVER go back! (Even though those guys down in Redmond, VA
are trying to entice people with their "tablet/Android" type of
interface....it's just the same ol' Windows with a prettier
face.....same as always! LoL!