configuring unity launcher for 200+ users

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 05:39:51 UTC 2012

On 06/01/2012 09:06 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 18:19:28 -0400
> Ric Moore<wayward4now at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I just tried alacarte out, and it now works just peachy for
>> XFCE/Xubuntu You can edit the start menu to include or exclude what
>> ever you chose. Enjoy! Ric
>
> You lucky fellow, how did you ever figure that out?
It didn't used to work, but the Xubuntu folks said it would for 12.04
So, when I read the OP and the mention of alacarte, it awoke a brain
cell and I tried it out. Finally! You can edit your menus successfully
in XFCE/Xubuntu. I'm grateful they fixed it, as it doesn't always add
all the new stuff or I don't want MINES listed in games. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html