Ubuntu Classic in Ubuntu12.04

Pastor JW rev.olson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 02:48:24 UTC 2012

On Thursday, May 10, 2012 03:03:07 PM Colin Law wrote:
> On 10 May 2012 14:55, n dhert <ndhertubu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I replaced my Ubuntu 11.04 by 12.04 (complete reinstall)
> >
> > In 11.04 I could switch back tot the Ubuntu Classic desktop
> >
> > How does one dothat u n Ubuntu 12.04 ?

Are you that talking about classic Gnome?  If so it works fine on my machine
which was upgraded from 10.04 although the only time it is booted into Gnome
is once every couple of years to upgrade to the next LTS version.

> Personally I suggest sticking with Unity for a few weeks to get used
> to it.  Many find it very good after the initial learning curve.

If one were required to use Unity, Ubuntu would die a very rapid death.
Happily, one has several excellent flavors of Ubuntu besides Unity  so we can
allow Gnome time to hopefully grow into a somewhat useful desktop.