google-earth anybody?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 01:20:59 UTC 2012

On 30 July 2012 21:08, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> I am, but whats wrong with running the same distro on all 3 or 4 machines?
> None of this BS about ubuntu does it this way, while pclos and mandriva do
> it this way, and both swear on a 6 foot stack of bibles their's is the one
> true way.  That just adds to the stench of BS...

By all means run the same /distro/ but there's no reason to limit your
desktop experience by restricting yourself to the constrained s/w
choice of a mill-control machine: realtime, elderly kernel etc.

I'd suggest you update the desktop machines to the full current
release & the latest kernel, which is probably something like
linux-generic-lts-backport-precise by now.

Better still, go to 12.04. It's a lot nicer, IMHO; if you don't like
Unity, either install Maté or run Notalinux -
http://www.notalinux.com/

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884