google-earth anybody?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 02:57:46 UTC 2012

On 07/29/2012 03:05 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> I first tried to dl and install with dpkg, the current version from google.
> No dice, can't find its binary pieces, bales out.
>
> Then I found the make-googleearth-package utility and installed that, then
> ran it, which downloaded yet another copy from google.  Then it failed,
> missing dependency's.  Fired up synaptic, used fix broken to pull in
> several other bit & pieces.  Re-ran the make script, bailed out on versions
> & recommended I use the --force option.
>
> That squawked about 200 or so libraries it couldn't find the versions of,
> but made a package anyway, so I installed it.
>
> Now it fusses about lack of direct-x availability, which I assume nouveau
> doesn't have, but regardless of which box I check on the startup requester,
> google-earth's startup advisory box just goes away.
>
> Has anyone succeeded in making google-earth run on a ubuntu 10.04-4-122-
> rtai system?

Gene, ole buddy, ole friend. Why are you using Nouveau and expecting it
to do useful stuff? Don't make me come up to WV to hurt you. Use
"additional drivers" and get your nVidia card installed correctly. It's
not like you ever listened to Stallman anyway. <chuckles> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html