Moving My System to a New Disk After a Crash

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 29 21:53:58 UTC 2012

On 2012/07/29 16:30 (GMT-0400) Doug composed:

> Liam Proven wrote:

>>  http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

> I followed the link, but it looks like you have to download the file in Windows
> and install it as an exe file.

Those Windows EXE files for download often are nothing but zip files
prepended by an unzip executable to create a self extracting archive. To find
out, just try running 'unzip somedownloadedexefile.exe' in an xterm and see
whether you get an error message or a zip file as a result. If it's a zip, it
may contain an iso file you can burn to make a CD or DVD.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/