kmail question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jul 26 22:59:03 UTC 2012

Greets all;

I have been having some trouble with stalls on send, which if I go do other
things, eventually it does get sent.

There is no spike in cpu use, or any indication of the machine being busy,
but when I click on send, there are times when it may take 30 seconds just
for the button to get framed as it starts to ack the click.  And it may be
another 30 secs or more before the writer screen is greyed out, and maybe
another 20 before it goes away, and then shows a 1 in the outbox tally, and
usually that goes on thru in another 2 secs or so.

This is acting like an IRQ getting lost or ignored.

Is there someplace in .kde/configs/kmailrc where I can add a debug enable
so it keeps a log for a few minutes?

I also just found an .xsession-errors log in my home dir that has grown to
207 megabytes since yesterday, so I zeroed that, touched it, and now have a
tail on that puppy.

Seems to me there is probably a reason, if I can find the tools to figure
it out.

Ideas anybody?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You can't start worrying about what's going to happen.  You get spastic
enough worrying about what's happening now.
		-- Lauren Bacall