Regarding installation failed

Dileep Nayak tech.disscuss2011 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 07:48:11 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I have tried this at least 20 times since last week without success.

I did the following steps to install ubantu 10.04 ISO.
1. I installed new window XP.
2. I took the ubantu 10.04 ISO and put int the D drive.
3. mounted using powerISO to some virtual dive for example H.
4. Executed the wubi installer and select the install ubantu inside the
window from the dialog Box and in D drive. It took around 40 seconds to
copy the files and may be for ubantu installatin and asked for system
reboot.
4 I rebooted the system and tried to logged into the ubantu now.
5. After 30 seconds, the ubantu CLI prompt appeared and says " initramfs#
couldn't find the instalation iso in /usr/ubantu/instalation.ISO". While i
saw this ISO is there in the D drive using logging into the window XP.

Please let me know what i have been missing. i did same procedure to
install it two months back. ubantu got installed successfully that time.

Thanks
Dileep