Accessing Usenet News Groups

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:31:46 UTC 2012

On 23 July 2012 20:12, GaryT <taig at melbpc.org.au> wrote:
> Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> On 19/07/12 00:08, GaryT wrote:
>>>
>>> Am I behind the times?  Or am I missing something?
>>> Maybe both...  :-)
>

>> Well... how can one put this diplomatically without sounding harsh :-) .
>> The current official release of Thunderbird is 13.0.1......... :-) .
>

> The TB publishers must release a new version more often than we change
> Prime Ministers!   v13 is extraordinary.  I built this machine in about
> 2008 and yes, time goes fast, and yes, I don't come inside very often
> these days, but from v2.0 to v13.0 in just 4 years is incredible.

T'bird releases keep track with Firefox ones.

F'fox has been on an "accelerated release schedule" since early last
year when F/f 4 came out. There's a new release every 6 weeks or so.

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/140843/firefox-devs-propose-accelerated-schedule

http://www.conceivablytech.com/6647/products/mozilla-accelerates-firefox-5-release-schedule-versioning

Personally, I think they're just jealous of the speed of Google's
releases of Chrome. It's a nuisance & there are few new features in
each new version.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884