I reboot Ubuntu 5x a week

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Jul 23 22:14:20 UTC 2012

On 07/23/2012 09:44 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 07/23/2012 08:22 AM, oxy wrote:
>>> Have you considered that this might be a hardware or overheating
>>> problem?  Select the ram test at boot and run it overnight a few
>>> times.
>> ... ... ...
>>> I'd be looking at your hardware first Oxy.
>>
>> ok guys, I'll try harder to find a hardware issue causing this ...
> Got a computer shop locally?? Take out your power supply and have the
> guy test it. Kinda like not going to the hospital wearing dirty
> underwear, vacuum that power supply nicely before you dust up his
> place with old and crufty. Ric

GOOD point! I've had more than once a service call for the same problem
or similar. All it took was a good cleaning with my portable
compressor....yeah, it's heavy and will provide up through continuous
100psi. I take the shell off the 'puter and then take it outside for a
good cleaning.....same for the keyboard while I'm at it. Then, I reseat
all cards, RAM, and cables...inspect everything. 99.9% of the time, all
problems are gone.

Fred