problem with wifi connection on thinkpad T420, Ubuntu 12.04

Fang Xin nusfangxin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 07:18:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

I installed ubuntu 12.04 on my thinkpad T420, and experienced problem with
wifi connection. I used wubi installer on my original windows 7.
I can see the list of access point, for those without password, I can
successfully connect to. But for those with password, always fail.

I remember on the first day of installation, the wireless works fine, but I
don't know what happened.

I set my handphone as a hot spot and again T420 cannot connect to it.

There is always the pop-up requiring to key in the id and password for
internet access, I do enter the correct id and pw.

Can anyone kindly enlighten me how to deal with such a problem?

Best regards,
Fang Xin