Accessing Usenet News Groups

GaryT taig at melbpc.org.au
Mon Jul 23 19:12:37 UTC 2012

Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM, GaryT <taig at melbpc.org.au> wrote:
>> One thing I don't get is your suggestion to try Thunderbird. I'm using TB
>> version 2.0.0.22 and cannot see anywhere how to access newsgroups.
>
> Go to account settings → account actions (that button/drop down down
> there) → Add other account
>
>> Am I behind the times?  Or am I missing something?
>
> Well, with such an extremely ancient version, yes, you are very
> much behind the times. Any reason why you are doing this? Hate
> security?:)
>
> But, anyway, Thunderbird always had Usenet support.
> Alexander

Thanks, Alexander.  I haven't been here very much lately and didn't see
this ongoing discussion until about an hour ago.

I didn't know it was an ancient version. I knew it was old, but had no
idea it was THAT old. I've simply used it since building this machine
which runs Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid).

Life outside computing has now taken over for me, after too many years
of being skewed the wrong way.  Believe me, it doesn't matter how much
you enjoy computing, one day you too will tire of it   :-)

Cheers
GT