I reboot Ubuntu 5x a week

oxy oxyopes at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 23 10:52:56 UTC 2012

Hi all,

ubuntu/Unity freezes and I have to press the reset button
several times a week.  (ubu 12.04)

Ctrl+Alt+F1 doesnt work most of the times.
Not related to a specific program.
Nothing found in syslog/messages ...
It seems that ubuntu window system has severe
stability problems.

Now, a general question: does anybody have any idea
if they intend to improve stability or the focus is somewhere
else?

Does your Ubu/unity freeze regularly as well?
What is the future of ubuntu regarding stability?

I use Ubu daily at work, but am considering migrating
to another system. Dont need a fancy window system
but a stable one.

I wish they'd go back to gnome!

thxs for any comment ...