Importing Kmail files from Kubuntu 6.06 to newer Kubuntu

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 02:10:22 UTC 2012

On 07/21/2012 07:16 PM, rswanson wrote:
>      I had to update my old system, (Kubuntu 6.06), and because the
> files are so important to me as a listowner of a group , I backed up the
> old drive and replaced it with a new HD and Kubuntu 11.04, but the new
> kmail would not import the older kmail files.  They are in the /Mail
> folder, and are available, but the subject line is not readable.
>      I have tried importing the mail files with Kmail, Thunderbird, and
> SeaMonkey, with no luck.
>      I installed the original Kubuntu HD in another computer, and I can
> read the files, but that doesn't solve my problem.
>      Does anyone have any way to successfully import the older files to
> my new system?  Would it work to install another, older, Kubuntu system
> and import the files that way?  I can't just dump the system and start
> again and there are too many files to do it manually. ( over 40,000 )
> Thanks,
> Bob

There should be an export/backup feature in your older version of kmail.
So, from the machine with the older version, export it and copy that to
your new machine and see if it will import. You might try the KDE
website to see if there is a how-to export/import from an older version
to a newer version as well. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html