fail install ubuntu 12.04

G. pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 08:06:50 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM, G. <pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM, G. <pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:08 PM, G. <pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Trying to install on a Samsung NC 110   The installer fails after I
>>> select Install side by side with windows,  Gparted does not see the
>>> windows partition,  Using the same USB on another computer and it sees
>>> the windows partition.
>>>
>>>  This is a new hard disk factory installed replacement.  I had Ubuntu
>>> 12 on the old one, it installed just fine,  Did the factory tech do
>>> something to prevent me from installing another operating system?
>>> What else might be the problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> garyk
>>
>> When I say the installer fails, I mean the computer shuts down and reboots.
>>

>> garyk
>
> I have checked MD5 sum (good).  I redownloaded Ubuntu 12.04 rechecked
> MD5 sum all with the same result.
>
> I booted Gparted usb (just Gparted on it) and it reads the partitions.
>  I deleted sda 3 as there was nothing on it.  I still got the same
> result when I tried to install Ubuntu.
>
> Any thoughts?
>

> garyk

The other thing I noticed is that the partitioner has been displaying
the partitioner screen twice (until I reinstalled the second download
of Ubuntu 12).  I refer to the screen which asks if you want to
install the system next to Windows, or on entire hard disk etc.  If I
let is sit there it just shuts down and reboots.

I have also tried installing Lubuntu 12.04.  Same results.

garyk