MATE Desktop

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Fri Jul 20 20:29:09 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-20, Graham Todd wrote:

> Are there any plans to offer an option for the MATE desktop at the
> system install in future versions of Ubuntu?
>
> Being very like the Gnome 2 Desktop, MATE offers people who cannot get
> on with the Unity shell and people who just would like to try the MATE
> desktop the option to do so, without messing about with the official
> GNOME 3 Desktop.

Maybe I missed something, or I'm misinterpreting your "messing about",
but I've been using GNOME Classic for a while now (since Unity was
introduced) & I've never felt forced to mess about with GNOME 3 (I've
logged into it a couple of times, found it insufficiently
customizable, & gone back to "classic").