Mouse not working when ubuntu boots

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 20 13:52:32 UTC 2012

On 19/07/12 02:36, Hazan PĂ©rez wrote:

[...........]

> Once I boot into Ubuntu the physical mouse is "off" (the red led is
> off) after something like a minute passes. Even if I click, which
> activates the mouse, the cursor is non-responsive to the mouse
> movements and clicks. Yes, there is a cursor in the screen all the
> time, but it only works after the mouse "activates", that is, after
> waiting something like a minute. Doesn't matter if I'm on lightDM or
> if I have logged into any user, one minute after I boot into Ubuntu
> the mouse works. It's only in that minute that the mouse is completely
> non-responsive.

Hazan, and all others, please forgive me but I have forgotten what was
said before this and have to ask this question again (if it was already
asked before): do you have the proper graphics driver installed in your
system for your graphics card?

Some problems with regards to mices have been caused by having the
basic, default, video driver installed on the system. Just as an
example, the default video driver usually installed by a system for a
nVidia graphics card is called 'nouveau' but then when you install the
latest nVidia driver (from the nVidia site), which is driver #295.59,
all problems disappear.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.4.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor