No subject

Steve Ramage ubuntu at sjrx.net
Thu Jul 19 21:42:27 UTC 2012

    I suspect this isn't only a Kubuntu Issue so I post it here. There are a bunch of issues I'm having with my new Lenovo X230 laptop. Basically getting the multiple monitors enabled in the desired configuration (DVI output left of VGA output, laptop display off), is very finicky, and actually involves about 5 changes to get it to work. That said I thought I would start small and go with the first issue, and that is that I can't start X with anything hooked into the display port.

Please see the attached log files (with xdiagnose enabled).It seems kdm keeps trying at around 8 seconds, and then around 24 seconds, then I unplug the display port connector and X starts. Additionally I've tried both mini Display Port -> VGA and mini Display Port -> DVI and both do this.

Thank you,

Steve Ramage

Syslog: http://pastebin.com/RmdkvQvR

Xorg: http://pastebin.com/QcqP86sR

dmesg: http://pastebin.com/hiqzRWU9

lshw:http://pastebin.com/rg2abKTJ

Uname: Linux hilbert 3.3.6-030306-generic #201205121335 SMP Sat May 12 17:36:12 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux