Thunderbird does not ask for password when sending second mail !!!

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 18 07:27:24 UTC 2012

On 17/07/12 17:36, Jkhatri wrote:
> On 07/17/2012 11:58 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 17/07/12 01:48, Preston Hagar wrote:
>>>>>

>>> That value controls the "Master Password"   If you don't have a master
>>> password setup (Edit->Preferences->Security->Passwords), then this
>>> value doesn't do anything.  If you do have a master password set, the
>>> password_lifetime value is only useful if you have security.
>>> ask_for_password set = 2 in about:config
>>>
>>> If you set things like that though, it actually would/should pretty
>>> much just continually ask you for your master password no matter what
>>> you are doing, not just when you send.
>>>
>>> Here are more details about those about:config options:
>>>
>>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Security
>>
>> Many thanks for this. All getting 'more interester' and 'even more
>> interester' :-)
>>
>> (I am getting the feeling that Jatin will stop posting any e-mails to
>> anyone 'real soon now' :-D .)
>
> your feelings are wrong .......;-)
>
> I've Not stopped ........qqqactually ,,,,,,, :-)

Aaaah, starting to use a secret code now, are we? :-D

Hmmmm, now I need to work out what "qqqactually ,,,,,,, " means......
Looks like I will have to install enigmail for my Thunderbird to work
THIS one out!

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.4.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor