Mate menus

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 21:18:56 UTC 2012

On 07/15/2012 03:33 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 15 July 2012 13:53, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:

>>> http://mkaysi.github.com/articles/guides/GnomeToMATE.html
>>>
>>> - --
>>> Mika Suomalainen
>>>

>> Thanks for the link but I'm not looking to remove functional equivalents.  I
>> am talking about duplicate menu entries.  I think maybe I confused the issue
>> when I spoke of "Unity ones and Mate ones" in my original message. I don't
>> have my laptop booted up now but there are at least a dozen cases of menu
>> entries with the same name.
>
> I don't know Mate, but is there not a way of removing (and adding)
> items from the menus?  Also you might be better in a mate forum/list
> (google for mate forum).
>
> Colin

Yes you can add and remove from Mate menus but with all these duplicates
I want to know which ones I should remove.  I assume that some of them
are added by Mate and some must be picked up from Unity somehow. For
example as I mentioned in my original post there are two entries for
Baobab each pointing to a different version.

I was thinking about trying the Mate forum when I saw this topic pop up
here.

Regards,  Jim