No subject

G. pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 05:29:06 UTC 2012

I have a external hard drive which I can no longer open.  This is the
error message I get.

Error mounting: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
       dmesg | tail  or so

Gparted does not see the device at all.

>From what I could find it sounds like a problem with an install of
ubuntu but unless I completely fell asleep at the wheel this is not
what happened and even if it did gparted should be able to detect the
device and allow me to reformat the device.

I appreciate your thoughts.

garyk