A ps to the perms msg

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jul 12 14:40:44 UTC 2012

Greets all;

I just changed /var/spool/cron/crontabs/gene so its owned by me again, but
I am still being denied crontab -e permissions.  Probably because
/var/spool/cron/crontabs is also owned by root:root.  But since that
directory contains ALL the crontabs, I can't just willy nilly change that
to, so I am reduced to scratching my thinning hair and muttering WTF?

???

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If a man slept by day, he had little time to work.  That was a
satisfying notion to Escargot.
		-- "The Stone Giant", James P. Blaylock