Thunderbird does not ask for password when sending second mail !!!

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 12 08:02:00 UTC 2012

On 11/07/12 15:57, Jkhatri wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I'm using thunderbird 13.0.1 on my ubuntu 12.04,
>
> when I start Thunderbird for the first time during a day it asks for
> password to receive the mail , and it also asks for password when I
> send first new email or reply to any received mail, thats ok , but
> after that done successfully whenever I try send/reply to 2nd mail it
> does not ask for password it simply sends the mail. I want to
> configure Thunderbird to ask for password each and every time I send
> mail , is there any configuration available in Thunderbird ???
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Warm Regards
> ./
> Jatin khatri

(I know that I just should not get involved in this, but being a student
of how to resolve problems asked by some people - I cannot resist...)

Jatin, why EXACTLY are you asking this question? What is it that is
concerning you to ask the above question? Let me explain a bit.....

You get the first e-mail for the day and reply to it with Thunderbird
asking you for your password - but then when you want to send any
subsequent (ie, other, following, e-mails) you want it to also ask
again, and again, and again, and again, for each e-mail, after the very
first e-mail, your password. Is this a correct description of what your
request for help?

If this is so, my question is: what is so special about your subsequent
e-mails, after the first one you sent, which would want you to have
Thunderbird ask you every time for you password?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.4.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor