k10temp.ko question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jul 10 14:42:44 UTC 2012

Greetings all;

The module, k10temp.ko, has been working on other distro's for a long time,
3, maybe 4 years anyway.  It has been giving me warning as to when I need
to drag this monster tower out, disconnect it, and roll it out to where my
air hose can reach it and blow a few ounces of dust bunnies out of it.

Why is it apparently blacklisted, with boot time messages about its being
un-reliable for 10-04.4 LTS?

I can copy the src from another drive, but I have never been able to build
just a module and get it to install w/o doing the whole kernel.  Is there
perhaps a script that would do that available?  And that would work with a
2.6.32-122-rtai kernel?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The trouble with superheros is what to do between phone booths.
		-- Ken Kesey