GPG and other forms of multipart e-mails (was: Did Ubuntu made bet on a dead horse? I wonder...)

Mon Jul 9 11:09:54 UTC 2012

Hi.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Mika Suomalainen
<mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail.com> wrote:

> 09.07.2012 12:57, Tom H kirjoitti:
>>> You know, that sounds "somewhat" funny, from someone who doesn't
>>> trim quotes and has a GPG signature, which is longer than the
>>> text it accompanies… For me, this GPG stuff is more annoying than
>>> HTML.
>
> Could you tell me what I should have trimmed? I sometimes don't know
> whether I should or shouldn't include something in quotes.

Well, in the post which I responded to, there was *A* _*LOT*_
of quoted text. Some could have been snipped. It's up to you,
to decide what should've been thrown away.

> This mailing list doesn't even give any options how PGP signature can
> be included, see bug #996581 at Launchpad. INLINE works for me, so I
> use it like I have told in one gpg comment. About that GPG comment, I
> will continue following what I have told in it and not replying to
> anything related to it.

Fine. Then please, could you also refrain from complaining about
HTML? It's no more annoying than what you do.

> I cannot affect what other people see or don't see as annoying.

True. But you do know (at least starting from now on), that
some people find GPG annoying. And, as a user who signs
mails, I assume that you haven't heard that for the 1st time…

> Will someone now complain about hijacking thread? If yes, please fix
> the subject line by yourself, because I don't know what I should put
> in it.

[x] Done

> - --
> Mika Suomalainen
> gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
> Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A  AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728
> http://mkaysi.github.com/

*VERY* *VERY* long. Especially those 10 lines of comments annoy.

Alexander
--
↯    Lifestream (Twitter, Blog, …) ↣ http://alexs77.soup.io/     ↯
↯ Chat (Jabber/Google Talk) ↣ a.skwar at gmail.com , AIM: alexws77  ↯