how to start a program using autoexpect

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Mon Jul 9 10:51:35 UTC 2012

I am using 12.04

I have installed: expect and expect-dev

Autoexpect is in expect-dev package

When I try to use autoexpect to start firefox I get:

warning: The global `on()` function in content scripts is deprecated in
favor of the `self.on()` function, which works the same. Replace calls to
`on()` with calls to `self.on()`

I can run commands like date and ls using autoexpect without problems.

Example on how I use use autoexpect:

$ autoexpect -c  (To start autoexpect session)

$ date   (command I want to be run)

$ exit (or Ctrl+d) - When done autoexpect session

$ ^C (or close bash konsole) - To 'remove' autoexpect session

To run the session:

$ ./script.exp (sitting in /home/myusername/

Anybody know how to start a program using autoexpect?