Did Ubuntu made bet on a dead horse? I wonder...

Mika Suomalainen mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:52:58 UTC 2012

On 09.07.2012 04:31, Bahn, Nathan wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Juan R. de Silva
> <juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com <mailto:juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 06:56:32 +1000, Jared Norris wrote:
>
>> Please, can everyone please read the FAQ [1] before posting to
>> the
> list.
>> I don't know how many times I need to reference it before it
>> gets
> read.
>> Posting random links to the mailing list and seeking discussion
>> is not what this list is for. This is a technical support list.
>
> I admit, posting a link to an article without saying a word - what
> it was about, was a mistake. The subject line could be sounding
> kind of critical as well. My apologies.
>
> The article is informing about Mozzila decision to stop support of
> the further development of Thunderbird (and apparently Lighting?).
>
> I thought such news might be of high interest for those Ubuntu
> users, who did not jump yet blindly into transferring PIM data into
> Thunderbird, after Ubuntu decision to switch to it, but who still
> could be considering doing so. Apparently the news may save them a
> lot of time and efforts.
>
> I also thought that bringing it to the attention of the community
> could save this very list from numerous technical support requests,
> which could flood it in the future due to such a change in Mozilla
> plans. (I would be surprised if changes in Ubuntu would not
> follow.)
>
>> If you want to discuss random web links there are many other
>> places to do this online.
>
> Could you point me to at least one for Ubuntu users, please?
>

> www.groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/bikeshed
> <http://www.groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#%21forum/bikeshed>
>
> if that link doesn't work, then go to www.groups.google.com
> <http://www.groups.google.com> and look up "bikeshed." by the way,
> plz don't mind Jared Norris; it's true that he's an officious ass,
> but he's harmless.

You should read [Ubuntu Code of Conduct] and the HTML part from
[Ubuntu Mailing list guidelines].

[Ubuntu Code of
Conduct]:http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/conduct
[Ubuntu Mailing list
guidelines]:http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/mailinglists

- --
Mika Suomalainen

NOTICE! I am on mobile broadband with very limited time, so I cannot
read emails very much.
The best time to contact me is probably weekends when I have better
connectivity with good luck.