Did Ubuntu made bet on a dead horse? I wonder...

Juan R. de Silva juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 00:10:54 UTC 2012

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 06:56:32 +1000, Jared Norris wrote:

> Please, can everyone please read the FAQ [1] before posting to the list.
> I don't know how many times I need to reference it before it gets read.
> Posting random links to the mailing list and seeking discussion is not
> what this list is for. This is a technical support list.

I admit, posting a link to an article without saying a word - what it was
about, was a mistake. The subject line could be sounding kind of critical
as well. My apologies.

The article is informing about Mozzila decision to stop support of the
further development of Thunderbird (and apparently Lighting?).

I thought such news might be of high interest for those Ubuntu users, who
did not jump yet blindly into transferring PIM data into Thunderbird,
after Ubuntu decision to switch to it, but who still could be considering
doing so. Apparently the news may save them a lot of time and efforts.

I also thought that bringing it to the attention of the community could
save this very list from numerous technical support requests, which could
flood it in the future due to such a change in Mozilla plans. (I would be
surprised if changes in Ubuntu would not follow.)

> If you want to discuss random web links
> there are many other places to do this online.

Could you point me to at least one for Ubuntu users, please?