VHS to computer save query

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Sun Jul 8 13:28:46 UTC 2012

On 08/07/12 00:12, Patton Echols wrote:
> On 07/01/2012 07:04 AM, squareyes wrote:
>> Hi all ,
>> have just managed to get a Kaiser Baas DVD maker to work,( installed
>> mercurial)
>> in Ubuntu 12.04 with TV Time, is there anyway I can save the played
>> VHS from here and write to dvd? Some of my tapes are getting old.
>> A friend tried to do it for me on Win7, (the kaiser baas device is
>> his), but it will only do a black and white
>> in Win7, have colour in TV Time here on Ubuntu.
>> Many thanks in advance for any help.
>> take care
>> Winton
>>

> It is not clear to me whether you ever got an answer except "mencoder
> can do it."  True, but finding logical commands to carry out what you
> want to do can be  a chore.  Here is one page:
>
> http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/248203-Converting-VHS-to-DVD-under-Linux-HOWTO
>

> If the capture card is already working for you, you can probably skip
> down to sample command lines.  Note the caution about whether you are
> viewing PAL or NTSC video.
>

> -- PE

Hi Patton,
have the recorder playing fine in TV Time, had a look at mencoder, but
don't really understand it.
Have already checked out that site, was looking for a GUI that I could
use to save generated files,
but we have it working on Win7 with a different vhs player.
Many thanks for your help.
Take care
Winton