VHS to computer save query

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Sat Jul 7 14:42:14 UTC 2012

On 07/01/2012 07:04 AM, squareyes wrote:
> Hi all ,
> have just managed to get a Kaiser Baas DVD maker to work,( installed
> mercurial)
> in Ubuntu 12.04 with TV Time, is there anyway I can save the played
> VHS from here and write to dvd? Some of my tapes are getting old.
> A friend tried to do it for me on Win7, (the kaiser baas device is
> his), but it will only do a black and white
> in Win7, have colour in TV Time here on Ubuntu.
> Many thanks in advance for any help.
> take care
> Winton

It is not clear to me whether you ever got an answer except "mencoder
can do it."  True, but finding logical commands to carry out what you
want to do can be  a chore.  Here is one page:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/248203-Converting-VHS-to-DVD-under-Linux-HOWTO

If the capture card is already working for you, you can probably skip
down to sample command lines.  Note the caution about whether you are
viewing PAL or NTSC video.

-- PE