Development on Thunderbird stopped.

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 07:56:02 UTC 2012

On 07/07/2012 01:12 AM, Sharl Jimh Tsin wrote:

> On 2012?07?07? 10:12, Jim Byrnes wrote:
>> Just noticed this link on another list but haven't seen any mention
>> of it here yet.
>>
>> http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/06/so-thats-it-for-thunderbird/
>>
>> Looks like desktop email programs are fading in favor of webmail
>> solutions. Hopefully gmail will not be the new Ubuntu default.
>>
>> Regards,  Jim
>>

> what a pity,thunderbird client is my favorite project.
I, for one, am glad they're leaving something that works alone.
I wish Ubuntu would do the same. Just leave it to hell alone and fix
what's broken and get the ppa's updated with the latest and greatest
instead. THAT would be nice. I almost wish they'd roll back to 10.04 and
fix the broken bits. It's gotten wacko as of late. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html