GSSAPI / SASL problems of sasl2-bin on Ubuntu 10.04.4

John Mok jmok at attglobal.net
Fri Jul 6 14:27:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have succeeded using GSSAPI SASL for OpenLDAP + Postfix access on
Ubuntu 8.04.4. When I made the same setup on Ubuntu 10.04.4 :-

 >ldapwhoami -Y GSSAPI

it returned an error (80).

When I tried libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit, it returned (key table entry
not found). When I tried libsasl2-modules-gssapi-heimdal, it returned
"No credentials were supplied, or the credentials were unavailable or
inaccessible ...". I checked with ktutil list and it listed the kerberos
principals from Windows 2003 correctly.

I checked if GSSAPI of saslauthd working or not :-

 >sasl-sample-server -m GSSAPI -s ldap

 >sasl-sample-client -m GSSAPI -s ldap -n imapsv04.sml.citizen.co.jp

It failed with "unable to decode ....". I tried the testings on Ubuntu
8.04.4 and they passed.

Is there any problem with sasl2-bin package on Ubuntu 10.04.4? I help
someone could point how to solve the GSSAPI / SASL problems on Ubuntu
10.04.4.

Thanks a lot.

John Mok